Although I spent ringing in the new year in a slightly different manner to previous years (bed ridden with the dreaded bug that's been doing the rounds), I still embarked on the same journey of what 2012 was to me, and what 2013 may be. I think its only natural to take a quick look back and recap, and at the same time look forward and try to assess what the future holds.
- Made a debut onto radio, which also teamed up with being my first paid journalism related work. Something I never seen myself doing, and I am extremely proud of myself for grabbing the opportunity and running with it.
- Continued to write and get published for several publications.
- Bagged some interviews with bands and had them published.
- Went for 2 Journalism job interviews, didn't get the job(s) but was very pleased to get to interview stage.
- Went to some truly amazing gigs! The stand out ones being General Fiasco, Snow Patrol, and Blink 182 took the prize!
- Quit my full time role as a nanny and went part to allow me to pursue other things.
- Booked another trip to NYC for 2013.
- Started to write 3 of my novels.
- Started ViaBloomfield Boutique and enjoyed watching it lift off the ground. Overwhelmed and delighted by its success.
- Started an internship at Irelands Homes Interiors& Living Magazine, and absolutely love it.
2013, the plans!
- Continue my internship at IHIL magazine for as long as possible.
- Get some-what fitter and healthier, shed a few of those extra pounds, and feel all round better about myself.
- Get back on to the radio, and bag some more interviews.
- Complete my Diploma!
- Go back to NYC and have the time of our lives.
- Move house, and make a home with Chris.
- Make significant progress in at least one of my books.
- Bag myself a full-time job in journalism.
- Watch ViaBloomfield grow some more.
- Make lots of happy memories.
Wishing you all a happy and ambitious 2013, hoping all your dreams and expectations come true!